When an employee is injured on the job, proceed with the following:
- Contact a preferred urgent care facility by telephone prior to sending the injured worker.
- Inform the urgent care that you have an injured worker coming and that S & C Claims Services is the claims administrator.
- Advise the urgent care you require a mandatory drug test per the insurance company.
- If a worker is seriously injured and needs immediate care or is transported by
ambulance, the employer should have a co-worker or supervisor go with the injured worker to assist the injured worker with any insurance-related information the medical provider may require.
- If possible, the injured worker must return to your office or job site after seeing the doctor and give you the doctor’s signed return to work slip or disability slip.
- If there is a serious injury, notify S & C Claims Services immediately by telephone at 1-800- 289-4502.
- It is necessary for the employer fill out the required form WC – 1 and notify us immediately. Please forward the return to work/disability slip from the doctor to S & C Claims Services as soon as possible.
Required State Forms
Please send the Form WC – 1 and the medical slip to:
S&C Claims Services, Inc.
3737 S. Elizabeth St., Ste 101
Independence, MO 64057
Telephone: 314-558-1273 Toll free (800) 362- 5198